This article is to all Federal University, Ndufu-Alike students To give guidelines on the use of the academic year and therefore semester, and for proper computation of contact hours for each course in a programme of study, the following rules shall be adopted:
1. A two-semester year (first and second semester for regular courses) is provided for as the academic year of the University, using the course credit system. Part-time courses shall be provided during long vacations for the public. This will maximize the utilization of human and material resources of the University.
2. The first and second semesters would last 18 weeks. The session shall be scheduled as follows:
3. Registration changes, if any, shall normally be completed within two weeks after registration in any particular semester.
4. Instruction shall be by courses evaluated in terms of credit units. A credit unit is defined as one 1-hour of lecture, one 2-hour tutorialor one-3 laboratory or field work, clinical practice/practicum, studio practice or stadium sporting activity or their equivalent per week per semester.
5. Degree courses shall be numbered as follows:
100 Level: 101-199
200 Level: 201-299
300 Level: 301-399
400 Level: 401-499
500 Level: 501-599
600 Level: 601-699
We hope this help, thanks
Culled from Funai website
Edited by myedu