[alert]The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) was established on 5 February 1964 in response to the defence needs of independent Nigeria to train officers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Before then, the institution was known as the Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC). After independence in 1960, it became known as the Nigerian Military Training College.[/alert]
Full-Time Programme Nigerian Defence Academy 2014 Admission:
The Following Part-Time degree programmes are available in the faculties and departments listed below:
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Economics
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Department of History & International Studies
Master in Development Studies (MDS)
Department of Political Science and Defence Studies
Master in International Affairs and Strategic Studies (MIASS)
Master in Strategy and Security Administration (MASSA)
Master in Public Administration (MPA)
Master in Conflict, Security and Development (MCSD)
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following part-time PGD programmes are available in the faculties and departments listed below:
[tabs][tab title=”FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES“]
- Department of Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounts & Finance (PGDAF)
- Department of Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Department of Geography
- Postgraduate Diploma in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (PGD RS/GIS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)
- Department of Political Science and Defence Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA)
[tab title=”FACULTY OF SCIENCE“]
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Postgraduate Diploma in Biotechnology(PGDBT)
- Department of Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Forensic Chemistry (PGDFC)
- Department of Computer Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGDCS)
- Department of Mathematics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Research in Security (PGDOPS)
- Department of Physics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied and Industrial Physics (PGDAIP)
Candidates applying for the Part-Time Masters Programmes must possess a Bachelor Degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division). Candidates with Third Class Degree or Higher National Diploma must also possess a Postgraduate Diploma in a related discipline from any recognised University to be eligible for admission. HND Candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit to apply.
Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a Bachelor degree from the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognised university, or a Higher National Diploma.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
Each admitted student for Part-Time Master’s Degree Programme must pursue weekend mode of study and research on Fridays and Saturdays for the period of the study. The following conditions are also applicable.
A student of Master Degree shall pursue the Programme for 1 year (2 semesters) except MBA programme which runs for 2 years.
A student of Postgraduate Diploma shall pursue the programme for 1 year (2 semesters).
[tabs][tab title=”METHOD OF APPLICATION“]
- Candidates are required to purchase Access or PIN Codes available at all Zenith Bank Branches and Cash Offices nationwide at the cost of ₦7,500.00 only, excluding bank charges of ₦500.00, for online application.
[tab title=”SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION“]
- Upon Purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective Candidates should log on to here and complete the online application form. Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials, Acknowledgement Form, Referee Form,
- Application for Transcripts Form and Medical Report Forms, have been submitted along with your application.
- Candidates can either upload the aforementioned items, when they sign in, or mail them to:
Nigerian Defence Academy,
P.M.B. 2109 Kaduna
Limited number of rooms are available in the NDA Postgraduate School Hostel on First Come First Served basis.
[alert style=”success”]We wish you all the best[/alert]
Visit Here to Apply