Many students cringe at the sound of the word math. Yet, there is no way to avoid it if you want to get an education. “No employment can be managed without arithmetic, no mechanical invention without geometry.” Ben Franklin
Is it really that horrible of a subject? I was thinking of all the reasons students shouldn’t hate math and it dawned on me that no matter how many wonderful facts about math I tell you, it may not make math much desirable to you. However, if you hear the thoughts of others like you and the ones who made it through, it may inspire you.
- “It’s black and white. There is one right answer, and everything else is wrong. In a world colored in various shades of grey, the comfort of having this one thing as ether RIGHT or WRONG is very reassuring**.
- It’s practical. You can use it for just about anything.
- Once you understand it, it’s easy!
- You can draw a picture for everything, and who doesn’t like pictures?
- You can model just about anything with a function: daylight, populations, profits…
- There aren’t exceptions to the rules like in English.
- If you’re good at it people think you’re smart.
- You don’t have to study and memorize things for tests, you just do the problem.
- There are always multiple ways to reach the same answer, you’ve got options.
- You can use it to predict the future.” Emily
Inspirational Quotes about Math
“Mathematical logic and concepts underlie functionality of practically every process from rocket science to the budget of a household. It is this diversity of application that intrigues me and makes me want to study it in depth..” Hajira
“I advise my students to listen carefully the moment they decide to take no more math courses. They might be able to hear the sound of closing doors.” James Caballero
“Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.” Albert Einstein.
“If I were again beginning my studies, I would follow the advice of Plato and start with mathematics.” Galileo Galilei
All science requires mathematics. The knowledge of mathematical things is almost innate in us. This is the easiest of sciences, a fact which is obvious in that no one’s brain rejects it; for laymen and people who are utterly illiterate know how to count and reckon.” Roger Bacon
“One of the most amazing things about mathematics is the people who do math aren’t usually interested in application, because mathematics itself is truly a beautiful art form. It’s structures and patterns, and that’s what we love, and that’s what we get off on.” Danica McKellar
“Mathematics expresses values that reflect the cosmos, including orderliness, balance, harmony, logic, and abstract beauty.” Deepak Chopra
“Mathematics, as much as music or any other art, is one of the means by which we rise to a complete self-consciousness. The significance of mathematics resides precisely in the fact that it is an art; by informing us of the nature of our own minds it informs us of much that depends on our minds.” John William Navin Sullivan
“If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is.” John Louis von Neumann
“Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.” Albert Einstein
“So if a man’s wit be wandering, let him study the mathematics; for in demonstrations, if his wit be called away never so little, he must begin again.” Francis Bacon
“The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning but imagination.” Augustus de Morgan
Anais John takes great pleasure in helping people with finding their passion that ultimately leads them to the right career path. Apart from counseling, she also offers custom essays to students.