Vanguard Media Limited, publishers of Vanguard Newspapers was established in 1984 by Mr. Sam Amuka (a renowned, veteran journalist and columnist of the Sad Sam Fame. Sam Amuka was editor of Sunday Times and the First Managing Director of the Punch Newspaper.) He is from Itsekiri land in the present Delta State of Nigeria.
The maiden copy of VANGUARD hit the news stands as a weekly on Sunday June 3rd, 1984 with the motto: Towards a better life for the People. It went daily on July 15, 1984. It aims to serve the people through unflinching commitment to free enterprise, the rule of law and good governance.
Job Title: Online Reporters
- Generating and writing of news stories
- Editing and publishing of content
- Curating and aggregating content
- Liaising with users and building a vibrant online community
- Oversees content offering on multiple platforms and social media
- Deliver content on social media channels such as Twitter, Youtube, Facebook etc.
- Must be prepared to work outside of normal working hours
- Must have sound general news judgment
- Must have knowledge of local and international news
- Must have excellent writing skills & sub-editing
- Must have Photoshop editing skills
- Must be versatile and flexible and adaptable to change
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Good understanding of the digital media
- Well-organized individual
- The ability to work well with others
- A first degree in Communications, Journalism , English Language or any other relevant field.
- Required Experience: 1 – 3year(s)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
They should also submit an original news story and an article , not more than 400 words on: ” Growing traffic on a news website”
Deadline Date :17th February, 2014.
Best of Luck….