The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the positions of Plumber in the Facilities Maintenance Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
POSITION TITLE: Plumber (2 Positions) – FSN-04/FP-AA
OPENING DATE: December 9, 2014
CLOSING DATE: December 22, 2014
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N2,214,247 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-04
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid
in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM, EFM/MOH – US$24,763
(Starting Salary) p.a.; Position Grade: FP-AA
Note: all non ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a u.s. citizen efm does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under com AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE OFFICIALLY
ASSIGNED TO POST
Incumbent performs routine maintenance, renovation, modification repairs of plumbing
fixtures and systems, equipment and water pumps. He/she trouble shoots problems along
the water pipe line, installs water heaters, washing machines, dryers, distillers and any
water system equipment.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will
not be considered.
- Completion of Primary school is required. Completion of vocational training or
apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman plumber skill is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year journeyman plumbing experience is required.
- Level II (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is
- Full journeyman plumbing knowledge and techniques to perform residential and nonresidential
installation, maintenance and repair tasks is required.
- Must be able to use all types of plumbing tools.
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status
in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report
are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed
(WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application
will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or
curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their
Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees
earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this
position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than
5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive Central District Area
Abuja. Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: DECEMBER 22, 2014
Notice: Employment opportunities which are open only to currently employed Embassy local staff or the family members of Americans assigned to the U.S. Mission in Nigeria are listed on the Embassy’s internal website, available through the U.S. State Department’s OPENNET system.
Interested family members without OPENNET access may inquire by email to CLOAbuja@state.gov. All others should apply to HRNigeria@state.gov