We wish to inform all fresh graduates about the latest job opening at rigzone limited, Kindly read the below content for instruction on how to apply.
Principal Drilling Engineer (Semi-Submersible)
Updated: Mar 29 2013
Desired Expertise: Drilling Consultant, Petroleum Engineering, semi submersibble, semisub, offshore, drilling, engineer
Experience: 15+ years
Minimum Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reference Code: WTRC25536232
Job Status: Active / Open
* Lead a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers in planning and
supporting the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal
wells in water-depths up to 700ft, offshore Nigeria.
* Operations involve the following special challenges:
o High pressure / narrow margin drilling techniques,
o High angle / extended reach drilling,
o Subsea completions and well testing,
o Third party staff, service and equipment quality,
o Complex supply chain and logistics.
o Interaction with other (G&G) departments
Requirements Principal Drilling Engineer (Semi-Submersible)
* Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, of which at least 5 in a similar position.
* Extensive experience involving semi’s, knowledge of onshore and jack-up
operations would be beneficial.
* Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
* Exemplary HSE leadership.
* Strong drive for continuous performance improvement.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading effectively in a
* Team leadership capabilities
* Completion and testing experience
* Able to work under sustained high workload, meet tight deadlines yet still deliver
* Competency with drilling engineering software
* Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software.
* Project management skills
* Excellent knowledge of drilling engineering and international industry standards,
ideally acquired while working for a large international operator.
* Good organisation and project management skills, ensuring efficient application of
the company’s well delivery and commercial processes.
* Contracts and contractor management.
Terms & Conditions Principal Drilling Engineer (Semi-Submersible)
* Competitive day rate. Travel days paid.
* 12 months, renewable based on performance.
* 1 year. Upon completion, reassignment to other projects is a possibility.
Reputable owner operator in Nigeria
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Culled From http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/376495/Principal_Drilling_Engineer_SemiSubmersible.asp